29 April 2011

New Ice Cream Review of Volun-Tiramisu

B and J's put out 2 new flavors earlier this month, and they are only being sold at Target stores. The flavors are Volun-Tiramisu and Peanut Butter World. I just had to have the former for dinner a few nights ago. The description ("Coffee Mascarpone Ice Cream with Cocoa Dusted Coffee Rum Lady Finger Pieces) admittedly got me.

So how did Volun-Tiramisu fare? While it wasn't able to topple my all-time favorite flavor, Imagine Whirled Peace (I'm a toffee fiend), I would put this newcomer up there and definitely help myself to another pint in the future.

This puppy has 920 calories and 12 grams of protein. Next on the list (and in no particular order): Clusterfluff and Late Night Snack.

Because I lack the analytical capacity to give any useful food review, I'll leave it up to a fellow ice cream enthusiast to get into the little details of Volun-Tiramisu.

As I am (or at least I think I am) in my stubborn fat phase, I feel that mentioning Matt Stone's coverage of Talenti Gelato's Caribbean Coconut flavor is somewhat relevant. As a little over half of the composition of coconut oil is medium-chain triglyceride (MCT), a more readily usable energy source relative to other fats, I've theorized that it may have some utility when used in concert with a low carb diet to facilitate stubborn fat loss for a bunch of reasons I won't go into here.

No comments:

Post a Comment