06 May 2011

Bonnaroo Buzz with Whiskey Caramel Swirls Is a Buzzkill

. . .And I don't mean the festival.

The characteristic flavors in this new ice cream from Ben and Jerry's are "light coffee and malt ice creams with whiskey caramel swirls and English toffee pieces". That description caused me to put Clusterfluff, another new flavor, back on the shelf, so that I could try this.

I could find no difference in taste between this and an older flavor, Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. The coffee flavor was overpowering, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) the toffee pieces were so large they messed up the overall texture of the ice cream.

So, until I come across a worthy ice cream flavor, I will continue to frequently default back to either Imagine Whirled Peace (a total of 1080 calories and 12 grams of protein) or Half Baked (800 calories and 24 grams of protein), one of the company's FroYo varieties. I've been meaning to try Jimmy Fallon's Late Night Snack, which, despite its strange combination of flavors ("vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl and fudge covered potato chip clusters" - wtf), showed a lot of promise when I sampled it at the shop.

In other news, I weighed in at 161.8 lbs on my electronic scale yesterday. I am taking this to be my fully carb-depleted weight. I've been subsisting on delicious MSG-laden peanuts, peanut butter,  spam salad (literally, it's chopped up spam with salad), and protein shakes. Along with the yohimbine and caffeine, I feel like I'm about to have an anxiety attack. This better be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment