30 September 2011

Physical Fitness Assessment Test, Final Inspect at MEPS

A Letter from Fort Jackson's Battalion Commander
The battalion commander emailed all of us Future Soldiers shipping out early October with a briefing on potential units we'll be assigned to at BCT. All recruits will fall under either the 165th or 193rd Infantry Brigades. Within these, they may be assigned to the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Battalions.

He also gave us a general overview of the goings on at BCT. Confiscation of cell phones and other contrabands at Reception Battalion (RECBN), PT 6 days a week, the option to worship on Sundays, and 2 phone call privileges during the 10 weeks of training.

A family friend gave me his IET Soldier's Handbook and Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks (SMCT) to study out of. I've already begun studying for everything imaginable. Probably the hardest topic is the weapon systems. It'd be easier to memorize all the parts of an M203 if it were in front of me.

I'm going to pay a visit to my recruiting station next week to weigh in and do the 1-1-1 test. My final inspect at MEPS will be on the 11th, a day before I leave California. Less than 14 days to ship, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment